Monday, November 15, 2010

The Eyes have it...

As a little girl, people always commented on my dark brown eyes. I would just grin and go about my way....growing up, I was blessed with great eyesight and really took it for granted. Now at 50 years old...I can't go anywhere without my glasses or contacts and the world is not as clear as it used to be. The phrase, looking at the world through rose colored glasses, was always an interesting phrase for me, because I guess I always thought the best of everyone. My expectations were frequently unmet because of thinking everyone would always do their best, try their hardest in an effort never to disappoint anyone. I never wanted to disappoint anyone. I still don't want to disappoint anyone but I do. So, for the next 50 years, I want to look at life with expectancy and not expectations. Meri Robin's Eyes have seen many things and will still keep seeing but I will look to Him first for all of my direction!

1 comment: