Wednesday, March 21, 2012

hostas part 1





This past weekend was beautiful and a perfect time to get outside and start pulling weeds.  A job  I am really not very fond of but always enjoy the results...
Here at the cabin, I have lots of flower beds and of course, this time of year...lots of weeds.
So, as I walked over to the side yard and looked at my hosta area I was quite overwhelmed with all of the weeds and leaves that had pretty much taken over.

Right at the beginning of the row, there were 2 or 3 that were up and coming, way further along than any of the others......
so I began to pick and pull and weed and during this quiet time...God started showing me some things....
Remember the verse in Revelations 21 that promises He will make all things new...?
Well, that verse kept resounding in my head.

And so, as I looked at the the stuff around my hostas, 
I just kept thinking....
He makes all things new.

As I started thinking about all the things around my hostas, I saw weeds that might choke the hostas out.
I saw leaves that covered them for protection.
I saw worms that helped to provide air, water and nutrients.
and in the midst of all of this, 
I saw 
new growth!

What was the message here....?

Next time...Hostas part 2
"the message"

1 comment: