Friday, January 28, 2011

looking for a new nest...

Wow...how different my eyes see the world today than the way they saw things 5, 10, 20, 30 years ago.

The things that mattered at other times really have little meaning at this point.
I have been so blessed to go to other places and see how others live.  The pictures here show where different families are living in Haiti after the earthquake.  As I drive around looking
for the next place we will call home I can't help but remember, think and pray for the families
I have come to know in Haiti.  And as I sit here with tears rolling down my face as I think of them, I pray that my life here is not full of pompous pride.  When I look at possible places to live, I find myself saying things like, " that bedroom is too small, no garden tub? not a very nice neighborhood, etc, etc...
I really have no idea where our next home will be, but I am just praying that God will totally direct me to that place and I will not look with  Meri Robin's Eyes but only through the eyes of Jesus....please pray with me not just for my eyes to see through the eyes of Jesus but that you will too.  Just think what an amazing place our world would be.....

No comments:

Post a Comment