Monday, February 20, 2012

Do you remember?

Do you remember these...?

Banana Hair Clips!

I wore one of these almost everyday in the late 1980's and absolutely loved them!

I had one of every color to match my every outfit!

And the girl with the long, stringy hair would look like
she had a mane of beautiful, golden, thick locks of hair!

Well, I found one in the back of a drawer this weekend....

Immediate JOY!

I have been having some "hair" dilemma's.
One of my adult sons looked at my hair the other day and said,
"Mom, what is going on with your hair?
It kinda looks like you got business in front
and party in the back..."
(For anyone who doesn't know, that is the way to refer to 
a Mullet hair do.)

and then,
Blake Shelton sent Kelly Clarkson a tweet that said he would get rid of his
M.C. Hammer pants if she would get rid of her mullet....

So today when I got ready for work, 
I began to unmulletize my hair without a total hair makeover.
 
I like my long locks and even though my mom always said that women over 40 shouldn't have long hair....
 
Well I am over 50 and my hair is as long if not longer than it has ever been in my whole life!
 
So back to the beginning.
 
I got that banana clip out and swooped my hair right up,
did the smooth back the bangs 
and proudly displayed my 
mane of golden locks!
 
So begins my new fashion trend of bringing back the
BANANA CLIP!!!
 
For all of you post banana clip users, who still have enough hair to swoop...
 then go find you a banana clip and start swooping!

Send Pics! 
I would love to see your beautiful manes!


 


6 comments:

  1. ha ha ha ha ha ha A PEARL with a banana clip! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you still buy those??? I used to have one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at Target last night and they didn't have any but I think K-Mart has them! :)

      Delete
  3. Visiting from Pearl Event II. I'm going also. Maybe I'll meet you there. I've enjoyed your blog and yes, I did have a banana clip in the 80's. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for responding! Love Being a Nonny thinks I should put pearls on one of them for the Event! LOL...Look forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...of COURSE KMart would have them....lol!

    ReplyDelete