Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Friend

This is a very dear friend of mine.  Not only is she my friend, 
she is a daughter, wife, mother, sister, aunt, and most importantly...
she is a "Nonny"!

I thought I had the best grandma ever...
and to me at the time...
she was absolutely the best grandma ever!

I don't have grandchildren yet but when I do, 
I hope to have just a bit of the dedication and love this 
"Nonny" 
exemplifies for her children grandchildren.

My biggest hope  for all of you, "Nonny's" out there is that
your children appreciate the woman you are,

your children teach their children to appreciate the sacrifices of 

LOVE,

TIME,  

and 

SELF.

As mothers and grandmothers, 
we thrive on putting our children and their needs first.

I hope in our world today
we don't lose sight of these loving sacrifices 
and don't forget to say 
"Thanks"
at the end of the day!


4 comments:

  1. WOW! I'm really not all that....

    When my Mamaw died I remember my brother speaking at her funeral. He said he thought he was her favorite. My sister and I talked to each other after that. She said "I think he's wrong. I feel like I was her favorite." I responded "I think you are BOTH wrong. I KNOW I was her favorite." That's my goal as a Nonny. I want each of my grandchildren to feel like they are my favorite.

    Thank you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to meet this friend! I think you'll be a special "nonny" someday, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So looking forward to meeting you on March 10!!! You must be the friend whom Nonny and family surprised with a ticket at Christmas??!! She is so wonderful! Counting down the days!! Big Hug! Sibi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am that friend and am so excited to have my friend in my town and to share the weekend with all of the "pearls" I can't wait to meet! i also ran in Three French Hens last Saturday...can't wait to bring "Nonny"!

      Delete