Saturday, February 25, 2012

one hundred things about me...

I copied this from Love Being a Nonny...
but its a good way to get to know me....
1.     I love Jesus.  He is Lord of my life.
2.     I was born in 1960.
3.     I am my mom's only child.
4.     My parents got divorced when I was three...never knew my father.
5.     I have a half brother somewhere out there in the world...have never met.
6.     I have a step brother who is like a real brother to me.
7    . I am the only female in my immediate family who has had more than one child.
8.     I am still married to my first husband and we still like each other....
9.     We have two sons that are adults now...well, kinda.
10.   I want to be a grandma while I still have my mind...
11.   I am a RN and have been for almost 30 years.
12.   I have an addictive personality.
13.   I control my addictive personality.
14.   I am very controlling but I am trying to control that...
15.   I don't eat anything green.
16.   I don't wear high heel shoes.
17.   I don't wear eye shadow.
18.   I don't go out without mascara though.
19.   I don't wear lipstick as a usual rule..not sure why.
20.   I like to be comfortable.
21.   I like to be appropriately dressed.
22.   I like to stand out in a crowd.
23.   I like attention.
24.   I love animals.
25.   I don't like it when men cry.
26.   I have very eclectic tastes.
27.   I never wanted to have a daughter.
28.   I get along better with men than I do with women.
29.   I think #28 is weird.
30.   I like to do things people don't expect.
31.   I was pregnant or breastfeeding for a total of 6 years with 2 children.
32.   I  don't understand why women don't breastfeed.
33.   I do know some women don't have enough glandular tissue to make enough milk for their babies.
34.   I am so sorry for those women.
35.   I don't like to be rejected.
36.   I wish all new moms would read about the hazards of formula before giving to their babies.
37.   I think before they give it to their babies, they should have to drink one ounce.
38.   I am passionate about things I believe in.
39.   I love my boys more than they will ever imagine.
40.   The beach is my favorite place in the whole world.
41.    I am not really sure why I don't live at a beach.
42.    I like to paint.
43.    I like to drive.
44.    I love football.
45.    I love Pinterest.
46.    I am a tennis player.
47.    I am a skinny person surrounded by extra fat tissue.
48.    I wish I had more children...would have preferred all boys.
49.    When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a missionary to Africa.
50.     I still want to be a missionary to Africa, or Haiti or wherever God would have me go.
51.     I care.
52.    I have high expectations for people.
53.    I get disappointed a lot
54.    My favorite color is pinky peach.
55.    I have a tattoo.
56.    I go out of my way for people and really don't mind.
57.    I don't understand why people don't go out of their way for others.
58.    My grandma was an amazing woman.
59.    My mom and I are just about as opposite as any mother/child can be...even how we look.
60.    I have never lived near family since my children were born.
61.    I love to sing and I secretly think I am good...
62.    I am not good at math. 
63.    I am not very patient with some people.
64.    I have a lot of common sense.
65.    I get irritated with people who don't have common sense.
66.    I get irritated a lot.
67.    I am a fixer.
68.    I like solutions.
69.    I used to be very Type A and then I married a non type A and had 2 boys.
70.   Thank God for releasing me from being a Type A,
71.   I don't like to hang up my clothes.
72.   When I do hang them up, I like them to be hung up in the right direction, in the right style and color area.
73.    I live in a log cabin  and love it!!!
74.    I am not afraid.
75.    I tan very easy.
76.    I wish I was more disciplined than I am.
77.    If you don;t see it my way, I want to explain so you will.
78.    I am a Republican.
79.    I almost died in a car wreck.
80.    I prayed for my boys to be like Jesus...since they were babies.
81.    One looks like Jesus, and one thinks he is.
82.    I don't know what people think of me.
83.    I hope when people think of me, they see Jesus.
84.    I know some people don't.
85.    I taught high school health science classes for 6 years.
86.    I was Athletic Director at a high school for .2 years.
87.    I really enjoyed being the AD.
88.    I am trying to learn to crochet.
89.    I wish I read my Bible more.
90.    I really like bread and butter.
91.    I wish I wasn't so critical of things and people.
92.    I am very transparent.  I don't mind telling you my stories.
93.    I like honesty and expect it from those around me.
94.    I like to sleep and take naps.
95.    I go to bed late.
96.    I am finally a pretty good cook.
97.    I am not a touchy, feely person.
98.    I love to plan parties.
99.    Camp Lurecrest is one of my favorite places.
100.  I love being in water.

3 comments:

  1. Me too! Learned a lot of new things about an old friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know #62. I think I knew all the others. I don't know how we are friends. I love veggies and would not leave home without my lipstick. I love having a girl and girl grands. I don't like animals and I HAVE to hang my clothes up. I don't do naps unless I am sick and I go to bed early and get up in the middle of the night. I do not love to plan parties and I love a massage or a back scratch....touch me! Oh well...that's what makes the world go round!

    ReplyDelete